Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Day 2009




On Memorial Day we went to 6 flags Great Escape. The kids had a lot of fun even though Jennifer decided to be grumpy for most of it. We also did spashwater kingdom which was fun but very cold. The kids loved going down the water slides. Aurora went with scott on the big slides, she loved it!! She was sad she wasn't tall enough for the big coasters but she went on everything she could. They have sasquatch now which is like the tower of terror only outside (not in a building) and your legs dangle so the height is 48" for that one and boy did she have a cow that she wasn't tall enough to ride! She said "i went on the tower of terror and its the same thing!" lol. We watched scott ride it and he waved at the kids the whole time so that made it all better. I did forget the stroller and the camera that day so that sucked but besides that it was a great time there.

Scott had a book he needed to read for class so while i waited in line with the kids he read the book. He ended up finishing the book just as we were heading for the gate so that's good, cause he was going to have to stay home and miss the whole day but it worked out nicely.

He works from 8am to 5pm all week and has class from 6pm to 10pm so we won't see him much this week. Can't wait for the weekend :)

On the way home from great escape about 5 miles or so from home my car broke. My expeditions Transmission may be shot. We will know more before the end of the week but in the meantime I'm looking at new cars. I'm thinking a van would be nice I like the town and country's and the grand caravan's but we will see. I don't want to get a new car unless we really have to because the past 2 years with no car payments has been amazing. We need to figure out something because our Canoe is still at the old house and needs to be removed asap.

I spoke with my Step Dad yesterday and unfortunately it turns out my sister was in on the robbery. I am so shocked and hurt and so is he. How could she have changed this much in 2 years. The police almost have enough to arrest her he husband actually turned her in and gave a statement saying that she told him she did it and a friend helped her. He gave the friends name to the police. So as of last night the police took her to her husbands for him to re tell the police what happened hoping she will incriminate herself so they can place her under arrest. I just can't believe my little sister was capable of this. She even told my Dad "If I have a say in it, skipper will be dead" talking about his parrot that was stolen. She had me convinced she didn't do it I can't believe I fell for it. Even after I told her all the videos and pics that were stolen on the cameras and computers she didn't budge or return anything or even show remorse. I'm talking to my Dad and we are trying to see if she can get put into a psychiatric facility rather then a jail. She needs help and has needed it for a long time. (Her dad was murdered when she was 10) and she never really got past it mentally. I just pray for her now as we have done all we can do at this time. I don't want anything bad to happen to my sister even though what she did was such a terrible thing she is still my sister and I still love her.




Planning things for the summer:
6 flags Great Escape and Splashwater Kingdom (as much as possible we have season passes)
Children's Museum
Stock Car races, monster trucks
The Drive in
Camping
Canoeing
Whitewater rafting/ tubing
Movies in the park (which is so neat, info posted below)
Cheerleading (the girls)

Free Movies in Wiswall Park (9:00 PM)
Wiswall Park, downtown Ballston Spa
As part of the summer season First Friday activities, the BSBPA once again presents free outdoor family movies in Wiswall Park. June 5th's movie is "Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory", presented in "Aroma-rama". As the crowd sits under the stars, the aroma of chocolate, bubble gum, blue berries and other confections will fill the air! Just as in the movie, the crowd can buy Wonka bars, five of which will contain golden tickets redeemable for prizes at local businesses! Showing on July 3rd: "Kung Fu Panda"; The Ballston Spa Film Festival takes place on August 7th and the September 4th movie is the Academy Award winning "Wall-E". All films begin at dark, bring your blankets and lawn chairs.


July 4th, either Lake George or something in the Saratoga Area, we did clifton park last year and it was good. If I had my way we'd go to the NYC fireworks but thats a bit of a drive.

I think that's about it for plans for summer activities. The goal is to keep the kids busy all summer long.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...